Thursday, 22 November 2007

Chosen Song : We Are Scientists : Can't Lose

The party's alright, I might wanna stop drinking
What were we talking about?
My body won't tell my mind what I've been thinking
Before it's out of my mouth

The minute I get upset, that's it, it's over
I'm already out of the room
Why can't I just forget that what I know's gonna hurt?
There's not much else I can do

I'm breaking my own rules, becoming someone else
Well everybody says I oughta get over myself
I'm thinking I can't move
If there isn't somewhere else to go

I've probably made mistakes that I've forgotten
It's all ambiguous now
I'd be willing to take the shape of what you wanted
I could just figure it out

I'm breaking my own rules, becoming someone else
Well everybody says I oughta get over myself
I'm thinking I can't move
If there isn't somewhere else to go

I'm breaking my own rules, becoming someone else
Well everybody says I oughta get over myself
I'm thinking I can't move
If there isn't somewhere else to go

It's changing my issues as far as I can tell
Well everybody says I oughta get over myself
I'm thinking I can't lose
If there isn't somewhere else to go

The song generates a a party atmosphere and is very lively with the lyrics and pace of the song creating a high tempo and pace that the editing will have to keep up with. With the setting of the video it seems plausable that part of the video is actually set within a party to create illustration and visualisation.
There will need to be a concept included to show the sturggle within the singers inner self that is represented within the song and its lyrics.

1 comment:

Ms Johnson said...

I can't decide which version I prefer: the live version or the 'cover of the week'!